Grammy award winner Diplo apparently wants to put on the gloves and get inside the boxing ring; specifically for Triller Fight Club.
Triller majority owner Ryan Kavanaugh recently revealed that the EDM star had discussed fighting for Triller. “He came to us and said he really wants to fight,” Ryan Kavanaugh revealed.
“We have a good relationship with him and we said, ‘Why don’t you come to this event and play a little and then call out an opponent for the next event?’” Kavanaugh revealed. “Hopefully that opponent answers back. It was pretty much that simple.”
Diplo Heading To The Ring?
The 42 year old has never competed in combat sports, however he has reportedly been training over the past few years. With the new Triller Fight Club concept giving celebrity ‘non’ fighters a chance inside the ring, the opportunity seemed too perfect to turn down for Diplo.
It remains to be seen if Diplo calls anyone out during the Jake Paul vs Ben Askren PPV event tonight.
The fight between Paul and Askren is set to be a mainstream hit. The show will be available on Triller Fight Club for US$49.99 in the United States. The event will also be available to via on FITE TV in the UK and Europe for only $23.99.
Here’s the current card for Paul vs Askren in April:
- Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren
- Regis Prograis vs. Ivan Redkach
- Steve Cunningham vs. Frank Mir
- Joe Fournier vs. Reykon
Justin Bieber, The Black Keys, Doja Cat, Major Lazer and the aforementioned Diplo are all also expected to perform on the night. Snoop Dogg will reportedly also be back on commentary; having been at the stick for the Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr PPV just a few months ago.
Also Check Out:
- Tony Ferguson STILL Wants Khabib Nurmagomedov Fight
- Conor McGregor Sexual Assault Case Dropped by French Authorities
- Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier 3 Finally Made Official
- Valentina Shevchenko Talks Jake Paul vs Ben Askren
- Floyd Mayweather Meets With Dana White and RIZIN CEO
- Amanda Ribas Reportedly Making UFC Return in May
- Beneil Dariush Says That He Plans To ‘Out-Crazy’ Tony Ferguson