AEW Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes is a former WWE Superstar. The son of WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes, the younger brother of Dustin Rhodes has had a lengthy career that continues to flourish in All Elite Wrestling.
Prior to helping create AEW, Cody would work on the independent scene for the likes of WCPW and Ring of Honor, as well as having some major programs in New Japan Pro Wrestling as a member of the Bullet Club faction.
Cody was one of the founding fathers of AEW, alongside Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks. Cody Rhodes has been working closely with Tony Khan ever since the inception of the company to bring in new talent.
Rhodes was the first-ever TNT Champion, where he held the belt until being defeated by the leader of Dark Order, Brodie Lee, on an episode of AEW Dynamite.
Shortly after the creation of AEW Dynamite, Cody would lose a match meaning that he would never again be able to challenge for the All Elite Wrestling World Championship.
As well as being a top name on the AEW roster, Rhodes is also a judge on the TNT Network programme Go Big Show alongside Snoop Dogg.
Cody Rhodes got a tattoo in 2020 of the Nightmare Family logo on his neck. It has been the butt of jokes and memes online ever since.
Cody Rhodes is married to Brandi Rhodes, who also formerly worked for WWE and is now the Chief ‘Brandi’ Officer of AEW.
Cody Rhodes Accomplishments
- WWE Intercontinental Champion x2
- World Tag Team Champion x3 (Hardcore Holly x1 and Ted DiBiase x2)
- WWE Tag Team Champion x3 (Drew McIntyre x1 and Goldust x2)
- What Culture Pro Wrestling Internet Champion
- Ring of Honor World Champion x1
- Ring of Honor Six-Man Tag Team Champion x1 w/The Young Bucks
- New Japan Pro Wrestling IWGP United States Champion