AEW Women’s Champion Hikaru Shida will be defending her title at the Double or Nothing PPV event this weekend. Shida will be facing the #1 contender Dr Britt Baker at the event.
Hikaru Shida spoke to Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated ahead of the match and discussed her opponent. “She is the type of person who studies pro wrestling more than anyone else in AEW” Shida began.
“Her progress in these years is proof of that. The most important moments in pro wrestling are the ones after a loss” Hikaru Shida continued. “When I show how I stand again after a tough loss, I think people will understand me better.”
Hikaru Shida on Dr Britt Baker D.M.D
“However, this Double or Nothing is the first time to wrestle in a full arena as the champion for me, and I’ve retained this title until now for this moment” Shida noted.
“This match is going to be one of the toughest and most emotional matches in AEW history. Those are two very important elements for a great match. And after it is over, I’ll celebrate my win with all fans at Double or Nothing” Hikaru Shida concluded.
Here’s the full card for AEW’s Double or Nothing on May 30:
- AEW World Championship Match – Kenny Omega (c) vs. PAC vs. Orange Cassidy
- AEW Women’s World Championship Match – Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Britt Baker
- TNT Championship Match – Miro (c) vs. Lance Archer with Jake Roberts
- AEW Tag Team Championship Match – The Young Bucks (c) vs. Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston
- Stadium Stampede 2 – The Pinnacle vs. Inner Circle
- Casino Battle Royale – Christian Cage, Matt Sydal, Powerhouse Hobbs, 10, Evil Uno, Colt Cabana, Matt Hardy, Isiah Kassidy, Marq Quen, Jungle Boy, Penta El Zero Miedo, The Acclaimed, Nick Comoroto, Lee Johnson, Dustin Rhodes, Varsity Blonds
- Cody Rhodes vs. Anthony Ogogo
- ‘Hangman’ Adam Page vs. Brian Cage
- Sting and Darby Allin vs. Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky
Also Check Out: