Last night’s Triller Fight Club event saw Jake Paul defeat Ben Askren in the very first round. Paul hit a right hand that sent the 36 year old Askren to the canvas; after which the referee called a stop to the contest as Askren was on wobbly feet.
There have been many reactions to the fight across the fight world, there have also been some opinions stated by those in the pro wrestling world.
Former UFC Lightweight great BJ Penn called out Jake Paul following the fight, saying that Triller should give him the chance to knock him out. “Hey @triller, send me a contract and I will happily knock this f*cker out in one round.”
BJ Penn on Jake Paul vs Ben Askren
Many fighters, critics and fans have called the contest into question, saying that it was rigged. The main reasoning being that Ben Askren went down far quicker than he did during his MMA run.
A video of Askren surviving an onslaught on the ground from Robbie Lawler has been making the rounds, leading fans to question the legitimacy of this fight. It’s worth noting however that the power generated on the floor is different from a standing position…but still.
Also Check Out:
- Tony Ferguson STILL Wants Khabib Nurmagomedov Fight
- Conor McGregor Sexual Assault Case Dropped by French Authorities
- Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier 3 Finally Made Official
- Valentina Shevchenko Talks Jake Paul vs Ben Askren
- Floyd Mayweather Meets With Dana White and RIZIN CEO
- Amanda Ribas Reportedly Making UFC Return in May
- Beneil Dariush Says That He Plans To ‘Out-Crazy’ Tony Ferguson