IMPACT Wrestling star Chris Bey was unsuccessful last night in attempting to regain the X Division Championship. The IMPACT star was part of the three way bout including Rohit Raju and Champion Manik. The Champion would retain his title after rolling up Rohit.
Before the match, Chris Bey spoke to Fightful about the interest he had from AEW last year. It was reported in 2020 that the company were looking at bringing him in, however this never came to frution.
“So, with everybody that’s been talking to me over the last year like, ‘man, AEW was interested in you. Why didn’t you go there?’ Now it’s looking like I don’t even have to have made that decision to still make it happen, you know?” Chris Bey would begin the interview.
Chris Bey on AEW vs IMPACT
Bey was of course referring to the ongoing storyline with AEW/IMPACT ‘cross-pollinating.’ AEW Champion Kenny Omega has appeared on IMPACT programming over the past month, culminating in a win over IMPACT Champion Rich Swann, Chris Sabin and Moose this weekend at Hard To Kill.
“For me? It’d be even better if I can do it wearing the IMPACT! banner and holding the IMPACT! flag while I do it, you know?” Chris Bey continued. “I think it’s just going to set up some dream match scenarios. If this keeps going in the direction it’s going in we can provide history for the fans that we possibly look back to for the foreseeable future of our business and be like, ‘Man, that’s when things really changed in this industry.’ This could be the start of something.”
- Knockouts Tag Team Championship Match: Tasha Steelz and Kiera Hogan vs Havok and Nevaeh –Kiera Hogan took the win for her team to win the Knockouts Tag Team Championships. Gail Kim and Madison Rayne appeared after the match to present the newly re-introduced belts to the Champions
- Eric Young, Joe Doering and Deanor vs Tommy Dreamer, Rhino and Cousin Jake – Eric Young took the win for the newly named Violent By Design after hitting a Piledriver on Cousin Jake. Moments before Eric Young had been dropped onto thumbtacks.
- Rosemary and Crazzy Steve vs Tenille Dashwood and Kaleb with a K – Rosemary and Crazzy Steve took the win after spewing mist on their opponents. Crazzy Steve hit a tornado DDT on Kaleb to gain the pinfall
- Brian Myers vs Josh Alexander – Brian Myers took the win after hitting a Lariat
Impact Wrestling’s Hard To Kill 2021 airs tonight, Saturday, January 16th and starts at at 8 p.m. EDT and 1am GMT.
You can watch the show tonight via FITE TV. Follow this link: ▷ IMPACT Wrestling: Hard to Kill 2021 – Official PPV Live Stream – FITE for further information on how to order and watch history being made!
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
Fighter Fans’ Pro Wrestling posts are proud to be sponsored by:
- GnarKillsHD Twitch Channel – is a super positive individual who has a real passion for community based streams, making sure everyone in “The GnarFam” community have fun and feel included. Whilst also being supported with their stream goals and gaming ambitions. Over the few years he has been streaming, predominantly playing Battle Royales and First Person Games. GnarKills also dabbles in other genres like Platformers, Horror Games and Indie Games. If you want to catch his streams then stop by his Twitch channel and Join The Family
- Hellwigs – Plymouth’s undisputed heavyweight champions of wrestling themed punk rock. Check out some of our unique punk themed wrestling shirts which feature mashups of CM Punk/Green Day! Descendents and Rick Rude! Daniel Bryan and Dead Kennedys! The UK’s Champions of the Wrestlepunk scene are finally here!
Also Check Out:
- Chris Jericho Re-iterates The Importance of The 18-49 Demo
- Kenny Omega on Bullet Club Reunion – “We’re Just Getting Started”
- Sasha Banks Reacts To Snoop Dogg Hitting a ‘Frog Splash’ on AEW Dynamite
- The Young Bucks Join Super Elite Club on AEW Dynamite
- Jim Ross Talks Promise He Made To Brodie Lee Jr
- Cody Rhodes Talks ‘Breaking The Rules’ of Pro Wrestling, Doing a ‘Finish’ During a Commercial Break