New WWE Champion Bobby Lashley recently spoke to SI.com. The ‘Almighty’ discussed a number of topics during the interview, including his history making win on Monday Night RAW.
“I promised myself that this would happen,” Lashley stated during the interview. “There have been times when I didn’t know if this was going to come, but I worked my ass off and refused to be denied. Now that we’re here, it’s surreal.”
“Seeing so many people ringside—like Ricochet, Elias and Braun—that meant a lot,” Bobby Lashley continued. “I’ve shared moments with all of them. Sharing it with Shelton, Cedric and MVP, that’s very meaningful, too. I’ve had so many calls and messages—I heard from my college wrestling coach, my high school wrestling coach, even people I trained with in Japan. It’s been amazing.”
Bobby Lashley on The WWE Championship
“I went into professional wrestling believing that the world title would be my world medal,” Lashley noted. “This has always been my goal. Even when times were tough, I didn’t stop. I never stopped, I kept working to get better. My dad taught me hard work, and I’m teaching that to my kids. And it’s true—the harder I work, the luckier I get.”
It has not yet been confirmed if Bobby Lashley will be defending his Championship at WWE Fastlane in a few weeks. Potentially there could be a triple threat match for the title, with The Miz and Drew McIntyre rounding out the field.
Also Check Out:
- The Miz Reacts To WWE Championship Win at Elimination Chamber
- Edge Reacts To WrestleMania 37 Main Event Confirmation
- The Wrest Is History 22nd February – FastLane 2015
- The Miz Wins The WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber
- WWE Elimination Chamber – WWE Championship Match Result
- Edge Confirms WrestleMania Match Choice at Elimination Chamber
- Update on WrestleMania 37 Expected Attendance for Both Nights
- Former WWE Superstar Reportedly Returning To The Company