WWE NXT Superstar Pete Dunne recently spoke to Mike Johnson of PWInsider. The former WWE United Kingdom Champion discussed a number of topics during the interview, including his want for an NXT Championship match against Karrion Kross.
“With my style being as physical as it is, and the way the Kross wrestles, I think it does mesh together quite well” Dunne would begin. “He’s somebody that I had my eye on just before he got to the company, and then seeing the way he’s come in, and he’s breezing through so fast.”
“Obviously, he had the injury” Pete Dunne continued. “But to come back and do it all over again is impressive, and I definitely would like to work with him down the line.”
Pete Dunne on Karrion Kross
“And for me personally, it’s just a case of, I’ve been in NXT now for coming up to five years, I had that obviously long run in the UK with the UK title, and had a brief run with Matt Riddle as the tag champion” Dunne noted.
“But I really do feel like now I’m here, I’m in the best shape of my life” the Bruiserweight added. “I’m doing the best work I’ve ever done, and it’s time to take that next step.”
“And if Kross’ is who I’d do that against, then so be it, and I can’t wait to get rolling” Pete Dunne concluded.
Also Check Out:
- Sting Talks The ‘One Match’ He Wanted In a WWE Ring
- AEW President Tony Khan Cuts Promo on WWE President Nick Khan
- Will Ospreay Gives Health Update Amid NXT UK Rumors
- JBL Reacts To The Recent John Cena/China Controversy
- Kurt Angle Recalls Horrific Groin Injury He Sustained in WWE
- Bronson Reed Says Rhea Ripley is a ‘One In a Million’ Performer