Former WWE Superstar Tyson Kidd recently appeared on Chris Van Vliet’s ‘Insight With…’ podcast. The Hart Family member discussed a number of topics during the show, including his want to return to the ring.
“The truth is I won’t wrestle again” Tyson Kidd began on the podcast. “I tried doing one Royal Rumble and a lot of thought went into it, but it got turned down. I’m not mad at it. It’s kind of funny the way Vince [McMahon] laid it out. He’s like we can control everything we can in our power, but what if something happens? What if something we can’t control happens?”
“I didn’t say this, but where my mind went was say someone jumped the guardrail and pushes me from behind while I’m on the steps or something, and it shocks me back” Tyson Kidd continued. “That’s just where my mind went. Then you fast forward three months after Vince and I had this phone call – that guy is taking Bret out at the Hall of Fame. In my mind, I was like I had this vision and that was me getting taken down. As soon as I saw that, I was like this is exactly what happened in my mind. I don’t know if this was what Vince was talking about, but this is what I interpreted it as in my mind.”
Tyson Kidd on Royal Rumble Return
Tyson Kidd also discussed why a Royal Rumble return could’ve been the perfect way to end his career. “I always had it in my head to at least approach it and see how I felt with my neck and stuff” Kidd stated. “I knew the secret with the Royal Rumble is that I could do it and not have to take any bumps. That’s the big thing – I can hit the ropes, I can springboard. That’s OK. Probably a springboard and landing on my feet is probably not great for my neck, but bumping is the thing that stops me.”
Kidd finished by discussing how he feels training new Superstars. “I train these guys and it’s so fun to be in the ring – it’s literally lit such a fire. It’s so crazy, and this pandemic caused some of my best work as a producer for some reason. It’s all just lit this fire in me. I can kind of chain wrestle a little bit with these guys and show them a couple of things, but when it comes to the actual bump – now I know how these super actors feel. I can do the scene, and then when it comes to the bump, it’s like, ‘Cut! Stuntman, I need you in here.’ I need a stuntman now.”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- MANSCAPED – We are absolutely ecstatic to announce that Fighter Fans has joined with MANSCAPED™ to offer our readers 20% off and FREE SHIPPING on all orders! MANSCAPED™ the best in men’s below-the-waist grooming. MANSCAPED™ offers precision-engineered tools for your family jewels. Go to http://manscaped.com/ and get 20% off + free shipping with our link: manscaped.com/fighterfans #manscapedpod
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear – Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Edge Teases Challenging For NXT Championship at WrestleMania
- Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez Advance in Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic
- Rey Mysterio Confirms He Has Signed New WWE Deal
- Ruby Riott Talks Bikini Kill Influence Behind Royal Rumble Gear
- WWE NXT Takeover: Vengeance Day Confirmed for February 14th Show
- Edge – “I Didn’t Come Back To Do a Greatest Hits Tour”