Former UFC two-division Champion Henry Cejudo recently commented on the finish to the UFC 259 matchup between Petr Yan and Aljamain Sterling. The fight ended when Yan hit an illegal knee to Sterling, who was considered a downed opponent by the referee. It was clearly a violation of the rules, however some believe that Sterling was ‘faking’ his injuries following the fight as he was coherent enough to give an interview with Joe Rogan.
Henry Cejudo was one of the fighters who weighed in on the situation. “He got concussed and he couldn’t fight but he could conduct a full a** interview and tweet after,” Cejudo tweeted. “This is why an Olympic gold medal is greatest accomplishment an athlete could do! But hey Aljamain Sterling, at least you know you could make it Hollywood. And I’m not [even] hating.”
Cejudo later made a video which he posted to Twitter where he apologised for the remarks made towards Sterling. “I do want to apologize to Aljamain. I really do,” Cejudo stated. “Because I was a little upset, a little mad but at the same time I was more mad the fact that he ended up doing the interview and the tweets and I saw the pictures with him and the belt and it just rubbed me the wrong [way].”
Henry Cejudo on Aljamain Sterling
“But at the end of the day, it was an illegal strike by Petr ‘The Ugly Potato’ Yan” Henry Cejudo continued. “For that reason, that’s just the way the fight goes. I want to apologize to him for some of my tweets because I was just a little upset by it. That’s the name of the game.”
Henry Cejudo finished by saying that he expects to see a rematch between the two, and he expects Petr Yan to defeat the current Bantamweight Champion. “They’re going to have a rematch. I don’t think it’s going to change,” Cejudo said. “I think if I was to tell Aljamain, forget all that volume. Just focus on those big, one strikes. Just try to get through Petr Yan, Petr ‘The Ugly Potato’ Yan this time.”
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear – Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Dana White Says If You Don’t Respect Usman You “Don’t Know Fighting”
- UFC 258 – Polyana Viana Wins With Nasty Armbar Submission (VIDEO)
- Dana White Goes on The Offensive Again Against Illegal Streamers
- Justin Gaethje – “What The F*ck Has Oliveira Done To Get a Title Shot?”
- Dana White Weighs In on Gina Carano Controversy
- Bellator MMA PPV Events To Be Shown on BBC iPlayer
- Paige VanZant Says That Next Fight News Will Be “Coming Soon”