Former WWE Superstar and AEW ‘Le Champion’ Chris Jericho recently appeared on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio. The leader of The Inner Circle stable discussed a number of topics during the interview, including AEW star Jungle Boy and how they were going to feud last year.
“I wanted to work with him last year,” Jericho said on the show, talking about Jungle Boy. “And then I’m like ‘I don’t want to do it in front of no people. Let’s wait a couple of months.’”
Chris Jericho on Jungle Boy
“Little did we know [where we would] be a year later” Jericho continued, mentioning the COVID-19 pandemic. “It’s time to pull the trigger on Jungle Boy, and when we put him in the main event and he draws this great number you see ‘man, people like this kid.’”
“It’s something that we’re very cognizant of” Jericho noted. “And we’re very serious about it. “We’re not afraid to pull the trigger, to put these guys on in big spots to see if they draw a rating. And bingo, nine times out of ten they do, which is great to see.”
Chris Jericho will be joining The Inner Circle to face MJF’s group The Pinnacle in a Blood & Guts match next Wednesday on AEW Dynamite. Blood & Guts is a version of the fabled War Games match, and will be the first of its kind in AEW.
credit to WrestlingINC for the transcription
Also Check Out:
- Jon Moxley vs Yuji Nagata Announced for AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan Talks If NHL Move To Turner Will Affect AEW
- Former AEW Star Announces Retirement from Pro Wrestling
- Darby Allin On Being Concerned About ‘Breaking Sting’s Face’
- The Young Bucks Reveal How Much WWE Offered Them in 2018
- Christian Cage Talks Samoa Joe Being Released by WWE