UFC President Dana White has weighed in on Israel Adesanya and what his next move should be. Adesanya lost against Jan Blachowicz at UFC 259 for the Light Heavyweight Championship and now he is likely to return to 185 to defend his Middleweight title.
Adesanya was unsuccessful in his attempts to become a two-division Champion in UFC, and Dana White doesn’t seem keen to give Izzy another shot at 205 for a while.
Dana White on Adesanya
“Jon Jones used to be at that weight class,” White mentioned to journalists after Blachowicz’s win at UFC 259. “Jon’s going to be so much bigger than Israel. I think Israel should focus on middleweight right now. Get back, keep doing what he does in the middleweight division.”
Izzy himself said that he plans on going back down to Middleweight to again assert his dominance on the division. “You’ll see me back at 205 [pounds] later in the future,” Adesanya stated. “Right now, I’ve got a division I’ve got to dominate. I know what they’re thinking, ‘Oh, that’s it, you’ve just got to take him down and then you’ve got him.’ All right, cool, bet, but I’ll remind them again why I’m the king of 185.”
credit to MMA Fighting for the transcription
Fighter Fans Post Sponsors
- Venom Drip Combat Sportswear – Founded in 2011 in Central California. Venom Drip Combat Sportswear is a clothing brand. Geared toward fans and athletes of combat sports. But of course you do not have to be a fan or athlete of combat sports to rock our brand.
Also Check Out:
- Dana White Says If You Don’t Respect Usman You “Don’t Know Fighting”
- UFC 258 – Polyana Viana Wins With Nasty Armbar Submission (VIDEO)
- Dana White Goes on The Offensive Again Against Illegal Streamers
- Justin Gaethje – “What The F*ck Has Oliveira Done To Get a Title Shot?”
- Dana White Weighs In on Gina Carano Controversy
- Bellator MMA PPV Events To Be Shown on BBC iPlayer
- Paige VanZant Says That Next Fight News Will Be “Coming Soon”